Monday, December 1, 2014

It's Reining?!?! Like...

I'm Cats and dogs or horses....

I was so unaware of what I signed up for when I agreed to this. I had no idea that after 3 days of showing I would know so much about reining. After a week, I would know so many people in the industry.

These past few days have been a whirlwind of smiles, handshakes, speeches, donations, and great hair. I am having a blast.

It's been a mess of crazy and the internet sucks and maybe I've kind of forgotten that I become a distributor and maybe I'm the worst sales person ever. And no one is buying what I'm selling, but hey, story of my life.

I'm learning and meeting and sitting and selling, and by the grace of God if people don't remember this hair flower, they must be blind. So it's still fun and I still love the show world, but this just makes me want to get on a horse and make something of myself.

Or maybe some part of me misses the horse life, the gypsy wrangler life, where riding was essential and never complicated. Where you could run and run until you had to stop because the views were busy taking the breath right from your chest. Maybe I miss those four legs underneath you, supporting your bad jokes and being there when the moments are silent. Maybe I miss the outdoors and the silence that horses have always brought.

Look, the show world, that's great and all, and these people are amazing. But horses to me have never made me money and I don't think they will any time soon. These horses just make me miss...paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment