Thursday, May 15, 2014

You Have to Start Somewhere...

Post numbero uno! Wow, I can't believe it's finally time to hang up my college cowgirl boots and move on to new adventures...on the beach in Florida!!!

The last four years of my life have been filled with adventures at the Agriculture Center. Many late nights have turned into early morning shifts and I don't think I could be any more grateful that I don't, at any, point have to be presentable at work.
      The last two years have been more amazing that I thought. I was so excited when the teaching farm opened. I would finally get the opportunity to work with all forms of fuzzy livestock critters. It was a bit of a struggle to begin with, but I don't think I've ever had an "I hate my job" moment and actually meant it.

So it's a little hard to say goodbye to the place and has literally consumed my senior year.

But enough about goodbyes! Let me tell you a little more about this blog and how I got started. My first blog ever started last summer as a dedication to my storybook summer spent in the Rockies. And it was all down hill from there. I loved that blog and getting a chance to capture all of these perfect summer moments. Though there were parts that you "just have to be a wrangler to understand", it was still the start of an addiction. After a month or two post-Sombrero I realized that I wasn't the only one who was having a rough time transitioning back into the real world. Thus, the College Cowgirl was born. It all start with a post about adjusting to college life and how to be an adult again and grew from there. I discovered how massive this blogging world is and how something as simple as a post can reach tons of people and even bring you chills. There is a whole network of people dedicated to making you laugh or cry, helping you craft, plan weddings, cook, or further your sense of wanderlust.

So as I say goodbye to so many things in my life, I'm saying hello to my new child! This blog. It will be a lifestyle blog a little different than my other ones, filled with easy up do's for my future career as a waitress, best way to get a summer tan, DIY hair products, beach workouts, and more. So I hope you will join me on my adventure to Florida with Prince Charming with a Southern Accent and the sibling.


No comments:

Post a Comment