Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Three-Ingredient Dog Treats

Since my life of living in the saddle and never having to cook is now behind me, I've decided to change things up both in my life and on this blog! After 3 months of no kitchen time, I realized I missed it and I have been a cooking queen ever since! From pantry cleaning Mexican food to poor mans Chinese, I've been on the look out for more kitchen involved ideas.


So I was searching Pinterest when I found an idea for homemade dog treats. I've always wanted to try this, so I did! With one quick stop to Hobby Lobby for Dino shaped cookie cutters and one quick stop to Wal-Mart for the ingredients, I was off.


Here is the recipe for 3 ingredient Dino Dog Treats:

Prep: 10 minutes   Bake: 20-25 minutes
Servings: About 20 

Ingredients:
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 (4oz) can of baby food {chicken, carrot, banana, etc}
1 tablespoon of peanut butter

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Mix all three ingredients into a bowl until they form a thick dough
Use a floured surface to roll the dough flat
Cut into pieces with cookie cutters, pizza slicer, or knife 
Place on greased baking sheet
Bake for 20-25 minutes {top rack}
Store in a paper bag

*They should come out with a cracker like consistency 

**Feel free to double the recipe if you need. These only last about two weeks

***Make sure the baby food does NOT have onions, grapes, raisins, or added sugar in the ingredients.







No comments:

Post a Comment