Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Bring it on Summer!

They always say life is full of surprises and mine is no different. So I know I promised a blog about a search for the perfect tan and beach workouts, but life doesn't always go as promised.

So for the first time in my life summer isn't just a gap between school years..the rest of my life is full of summer. The weather may change, but I'm not going back to school any time soon. Sorry to disappoint the adults...

Well since school's out for summer and I'm going to pretend I'm still a kid and get a summer job. Like I said before, my life is full of surprises and this summer is not short on them by any means. Two weeks ago I thought that I was packing up the car for sun, sand, and waiting tables, but all that has changed... Now I'm Wyoming bound for a summer job on a guest ranch.

So summer three in the saddle and I can't wait! Life really does make more sense in the saddle and I'm excited to spend my whole summer in one. I am headed to Paradise Guest Ranch in nowhere Buffalo, WY and Prince Charming with a southern accent is coming with. Unfortunately, I have leave my main squeeze, Rocky, behind! I know!!! Let's all take a moment!

Despite having to leave the whole fam bam and my main squeeze behind, I am so ready for the all the mountains, the horses, and the fresh air. The past two summers in Estes have been a little slice of heaven and I'm thinking this summer is going to be just as epic.

But despite all that, it's hard to say goodbye. Simple as that, it's never easy, no matter what people say. It's always hard to say goodbye to what's comfortable and easy and move on to the next place. Some of us are just better at it than others. I know that I have an excessive sense of wanderlust and can't wait to see what this world has to offer, but this time it's gonna be hard to leave.

I'm spending my last full day in Arizona enjoying the one thing that I won't be able to get really anywhere else. In and Out Burger...for you non-west coasters, In and Out is heaven in a restaurant, if you know what to order. Animal Fries are the addiction of the century for all those who love to break diets, don't care about busting a zipper, or those who really just enjoy a good set of french fries. And I couldn't have picked a better person to enjoy lunch with than Rosa, my dance partner in whine!!

So it's off to the high country for this ex-College Cowgirl! Come back in a few days to hear about all the things I will and will not miss about Arizona!






No comments:

Post a Comment