Thursday, June 26, 2014

Seven Brothers Lake Trip!!!

Hello loves! I know I've been slacking lately on the social media front, but honestly, I haven't really felt like being social! This place is so amazing I don't feel like spending my time buried in my phone! Although I'm not short on pictures by any means! This place so so beautiful and every ride I discover a new site worth seeing. It really is paradise.


So unlike in my past wrangler life, we get a day and a half off!!!! WHAT!?!?! I know, it's like the greatest thing is the entire world! Having one extra afternoon off a week makes the day before, the day before, the day before my day off a little easier to digest!

What have I been up to, you ask?!?! All kinds of fun stuff! I've been riding a ton, like all day everyday, even days off! This last Sunday, me and my main squeeze took the whole day and went up to Seven Brothers Lake, only to get eaten by the fog.

We get an early start and woke up to find that it had poured all night! So my day dream image of tanning by the lake and read romance novels went right out the window! I planned on packing a suit and soaking up the sun, but instead I put on two of the warmest jackets I own and my trusty OU beanie. I was freezing! We packed up the ponies, Big E and Splint, and headed out in what we thought was the right direction. One quick click of the Iphone and we had a go-to map of our general trail.

We took the morning at a nice slow walk and occasional trot, saw a moose, some deer, and a whole herd of elk! Even a little one! After about 3 hours of serious mountain climbing, half a bag of sunflower seeds, and shedding a few layers, we finally made it above the tree line. And let me tell you, the view was to die for.

From the ranch we can see the Bighorn Mountains, but never this close. I felt like I could reach out and touch them!

Finally about half an hour later we made it to the first brother, lake, that is! We traveled a little further and ran into some serious snow, decided to head back and fish the first lake. Then the fog rolled in...*insert dramatic music here*

So my plan for the day was to indulge in a romance novel and tan, it was cold and dark, so I indulged in a nap on a rock by the lake and a photography session. I packed my Sony and snapped away. While Prince Charming with a southern accent was catching pike and no luck, I was playing with my light settings. Some of them actually turned out pretty creepy.

So after about an hour of minimal fishing luck, we ate a quick snack, packed up the ponies and headed homeward bound! Although we didn't catch that many fish and we felt like we had been cast in the movie The Mist without knowing, the day was amazing. If anything had to go wrong I'm glad it was the weather! I had so much fun and got some really cool pictures.

Other than my exciting adventure to the lake, life has been non stop adventure up here. The food never changes, the activities stay as exciting as ever, and I still love everything about this place. There have been a few hiccups (stay tuned for those), but I could not be happier.

My favorite part about this place, is getting to spend everyday with the love of my life. I know, I know, feel free to gag! We're gross! But really, after spending the last 9 months 1,000 miles apart it's nice to finally get to see him everyday. I still love working with him, because I only have to see him for the 3 hours in the morning and at meal times. Kidding! I love that we have the same job and getting to go on this adventure with him. It's really like the best thing a girl could ask for....

So I hope you all are enjoying your summers and spending time with your favorite people!

Just remember that adventure is out there, you just have to look for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment