Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sombrero Moment

Do you ever have those moments where you wish you could go back and relive a moment in your life? Me too.

Well for me it's more than a moment. It's more like six months. Three stables. Two summers. One place. Estes Park.

I know I sound crazy, I think a little of me is crazy, but this feeling isn't. You never have to ask a repeat offender why they did it again. Once you're there, you just know it was the right choice! Sure there are a million moments where you're so tired you fall asleep on your horse, you're so sick of children you want to smack them across the face, and you're so irritated cause you worked your ass off and didn't get tipped, but at the end of the day, you go to Dave's, you see your best friend, you go on amazing dates, you have real talk, you take in the mountains, you fall in love with your life over and over again.

So yeah, sometimes we love to hate our jobs and the horses and the guests and the food, but more often than not, we never regret the decision to come back. Ever.

There is something about that place, it sucks you in, takes a hold of you and makes you believe that only the best is possible.

Sure, we work from sunrise to sunset, but I never gotten better advice or had better friends than I've gotten there. Yes, I love Paradise and I wouldn't go back ever, but man, a part of my heart will always live in Estes Park. In those mountains, down those park roads, at that lake, looking up at those stars. I will never forget the perfect moments from those two summers in the Rockies. I will always love the views from the 4 hour, testing out 016, falling in love with Edgar, racing Diamond up the road, seeing Gina and Kathleen again, falling in love in a parking lot, McDonald's dinners, Becca's trusty red SUV, and every adventure in between.

I know that I have to move on to a new chapter in my life and that's why I'm here, but I'll never forget my first love.

No comments:

Post a Comment